Tuesday, May 19, 2009

April 9, 2009 -- 1st Ultrasound

Today we had our first chance to see Baby Becker! I was a nervous wreck all morning that after the ultrasound we'd be refering to 'them' and not 'it'... and was focusing on nothing else but hearing the ultrasound tech say that there was ONE 'spot' on the screen! : ) To my relief, not only did we see our ONE sweet little spot, we heard its amazing heartbeat!! To the surprise of the ultrasound tech, my favorite nurse Debbie (who wanted to be in the room with us), Corey and I--she was able to focus in just for a minute on the baby and hear the little heart beating clear as day! : )

It was completely unexpected and took me by surprise, so it took a minute to sink in.... and then the reality of actually being pregnant hit me! Corey grinned from ear to ear and held my hand! It was a truly sweet and unforgettable moment that I will cherish forever! The heart rate was 111, which the DR later said was a very healthy and strong heart beat for 6 weeks!!

Baby Becker is already making mommy proud! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment