Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 17, 2009 -- 20 weeks

Today was my 20-week OB appointment and the greatly anticipated ULTRASOUND!!! : ) I was SO very excited and hopeful that baby would cooperate, so that we could finally learn the sex... and that we did! We are having a little GIRL!!!!! : ) I am thrilled! This was 1 of the best days of my life, learning that I was getting a daughter! Corey and my mom, who were with me, were very excited and we were very anxious to tell big sister Mackenzie! I do believe Corey is in trouble... 2 daddy's girls and Mackenzie was a little disappointed that she wasn't getting a brother, but she is now enjoying playing the name game!! Now I can plan, paint, decorate, shop, register and pick a name, which is proving to be both challenging and fun!

We got to see our baby girl "gymnist" moving all around during the ultrasound! Everything looked great. She measured normally for 20 weeks, with the exception of "longer femur bones than average at 20 wks"....already growing tall like her Daddy! It was amazing to see a little person growing and moving in there... who can now hear us and will begin recognizing familiar voices, and plays with the umbilical cord between her fingers.

(YES, the ability to say "she" and "her" is refreshing after referring to her as "baby" and "it" for the past 4 months.)

The appt went great! I've lost a pound, which was unexpected, seeing as though I'm able to eat anything and everything now and don't crave the most healthy of foods! (i.e. butterfinger blizzards) and all my past bloodwork came back normal, ruling out several genetic disorders, Thank you Lord!

I am feeling our baby girl move now... it was VERY faint at first, the "flutters" everyone refers to, but as of this week it is very apparent that shes making herself quite at home! I feel her some during the afternoon, but it seems most consistent at night, when I'm laying down. Corey can't feel her yet, which drives him crazy, but I'm sure it won't be long! It is a truly weird and amazing feeling. I am very anxious for her to get bigger and move more and more! I am enjoying this part of my pregnancy sooo much!!



Baby girl Becker

7/17/07 - 20 weeks
Her little face!



She has her hand up at her mouth! Probably sucking her thumb like mommy did! : )

1 comment:

  1. Those pics are too sweet!! Yay for a baby girl!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete